1. Animals live in groups
Some animals live in groups or in the same habitats. They lived together for safety so that they can protect themselves from their enemies. They also look for food together. At certain seasons, they will breed among themselves.Animals that live in groups are ants, bees, dolphins, wolves, elephant etc.
2. Animals live in solitary
Solitary animals are animals that live alone in their own habitats to avoid competition for food, space and mates. They can protect themselves from their enemies. They hunt for their own food. They also have their own territory. Animals that live solitary are owls, pandas, bears, tigers etc.
3. Extinction of animals/ plant species
* Death of all members of a species
* Extinct animals include the dodo, the quagga and the Tasmanian tiger.
4. Endangered species
* Species of animals and plants facing the threat of extinction.
* Endangered animals : turtles, deer, rhinoceros, tapirs and pandas.
* Endangered plants : Rafflesia and the pitcher plant
5. Factors that cause the extinction of animals and plants:
* illegal and excessive logging
* poaching and excessive hunting
* excessive development
* illegal mining
* extensive agriculture
6. Efforts undertaken to protect endangered
animals and plants:
* preventing excessive logging
* enforcing laws against poaching and illegal logging
* avoiding consumption of products made from endangered species
* educating the public on the importance of conserving animal and plant species
* setting up breeding centers for endangered animal species
* establishing forest reserves
* replanting endangered plant species